The White Supremacists want
- to make themselves look like victims in the media
- to gain acceptance as legitimate public protesters
How they’ll try to provoke us
- THEY WILL get in our faces
- THEY WILL shout things like “get out of my country” or “we’re in control now”
- THEY WILL touch or hold their guns
What you SHOULDN’T do
- DON’T bother talking to them or trying to persuade them
- DON’T engage in any physical or verbal violence
- DON’T direct any action or anger towards the police
- DON’T resist arrest
What you SHOULD do
- DO stay calm and upbeat
- DO think about how the media will present your actions
- DO stay cogent and respectful, if you are interviewed by media
- DO have prepared sound-bytes that cannot be taken out of context.
- DO obey police instructions and commands
YOUR ACTIONS MAKE A DIFFERENCE
DON’T PLAY INTO THEIR HANDS!
Download these tips as a flyer or pocket guide and distribute them as you wish. The pocket guide is “3-up” so it may be printed on an 8.5″ x 11″ sheet and cut apart.
Furnished by Charlottesville Center for Peace and Justice